A huge exciting release is coming to Satisfactory on the June 13th, 2023 (Tuesday)
SERVER SAVE FILE LOCATION - BACK UP YOUR SAVES IMPORTANT
FTP/File Manager ->
You will be able to backup your files on your server by simply clicking the 'Cloud backup' on the left hand side navbar.
CLIENT SAVE FILE LOCATION - BACK UP YOUR SAVES IMPORTANT
Full release notes can be found here:
Update 8 release notes
How to update your server to Update 8
- Log into the control panel
- Navigate to your Satisfactory server
- Stop the server
- On the left hand side click 'Switch to/Update Latest Experimental'
- Start the server
Full video showing some of the changes incoming by 'Coffee Stain Studioes' - We hugely recommend you watch and subscribe to them, so that you get the latest news as soon as it arrives.
Important Release notes that we've spotted
- Update to Unreal Engine 5
- Tier 4 will get a new milestone called 'Expanded Power Infrastructure'
- The Power Storage will be moved to the new milestone from Logistics Mk3
AGS - Advanced Game Settings
- Flight mode, a flight mode AGS will be introduced.
- Flight speed will not be tunable other than sprinting
- God mode, God mode will make you immune to almost all types of damage. The only exception is the world border damage.
- Give item button, clicking this button will allow you to pick an item and quantity to give to yourself.
- There will be a checkbox allowing you to give you the inputted amount in stacks rather than individual items.
- No build cost, this setting will remove the build cost when in build mode.
- Dismantling buildings will also not give any items back.
- No unlock cost, this setting will allow you to unlock any MAM research, HUB milestones, Space Elevator stages and AWESOME shop items without any cost.
- A label saying ""no unlock cost" active" will replace the normal cost when unlocking items.
- Unlock Alternative Recipe Instantly, this setting will unlock alternative recipes automatically as soon as all requirements for them are met.
- No power, this setting will allow buildings to function without a connection to power.
- Power generators will still continue running as long as their input requirements are met.
- Power Storages will be charged with the power generated by the running power generators.
- Biomass burners won't consume fuel as they only work when there's a demand for power.
- Set starting tier, this setting will only be available when creating a world.
- It will be available under the AGS button in the world creation menu.
- Free items matching the selected tier will be provided.
- Set game phase, this option will allow setting the space elevator phase
- The setting will be available both in the world creation menu and ingame.
- Unlock all
- Unlock all tiers, this will unlock all hub milestones and space elevator phases.
- Unlock all MAM research, this will unlock all MAM research branches.
- Unlock all AWESOME shop items, this will unlock all items in the AWESOME shop.
- Keep inventory, this setting has 3 options, the default will be keep equipment.
- Keep nothing, pre-update 8 behaviour.
- Keep equipment, drops all items in a box but keeps the equipment items in the inventory.
- Keep everything, keeps all items upon death.
- Disable arachnid creatures, removes all spiders(cats in arachnophobia mode) from the game.
- AGS will have to be enabled upon world creation or upon loading a save.
- Once enabled there's no way to disable it.
- Sessions with AGS enabled saves in them will have a pencil icons in when browsing saves.
- The text "Advanced Game Settings enabled" will appear next to the date while browsing saves.
- If AGS is enabled on a save, all players will have access to them.
- An icon will be shown next to the settings if they apply to all players in the session.
Definitely try out this update as we believe it will be amazing! Order your server as soon as possible to enjoy the new content Satisfactory Server Hosting
Find a mistake or want to contribute? Contact us
A Satisfactory guide, let us know what other guides you want to see and we will get them