How to host a V Rising Server
Created by: LOW.MS Support
Last modified: 22nd May 2023
Easy guide to setup and use your own guide
Official documentation link here
Skip all of this and order from us directly and play within minutes!
- Install SteamCMD
After establishing a connection with your server hardware, installing SteamCMD is the first step. The command-line variant of the Steam client provides access to the dedicated server application from V Rising.
You can download the installation files for the tool from this download link.
- Install a dedicated V Rising server
Run SteamCMD and create an installation directory for your V Rising server. For example, the following command sets the path C:\v-rising-server as the directory for the dedicated server application:
Connect to the public Steam servers (Steam Public) via the command line client:
Finally, install the dedicated server application using the ID of the corresponding Steam app. In the case of V Rising the app ID is ‘1829350’. Run the following command:
app_update 1829350 validate
- Configure V Rising server
Now, create the appropriate setup for your V Rising server. To configure it, you’ll find three important files in the installation directory:
- start_server_example.bat: The batch file named start_server_example can be found in the root directory. This is a basic startup script for your V Rising server. Specify a server name, the name of the memory state, and the file for the server logs, among other things.
- ServerHostSettings.json: In the subfolder VRisingServer_Data\StreamingAssets\Settings you’ll find the JSON file ServerHostSettings to define the server name, adjust the ports, assign a password and set the maximum number of players.
- ServerGameSettings.json: You can also find the ServerGameSettings file in the VRisingServer_Data\StreamingAssets\Settings subfolder to customise the game world – from the size of clans, health modifiers or game mode (PvE/PvP).
- Start up the server
When you’ve customised the three configuration files to your liking, you can launch your V Rising server. To do this, double-click on the start batch script. You can launch the server application by double-clicking on the VRisingServer.exe.
- Joining a V Rising server
The server loading process usually takes a few minutes. Once loaded, you can connect to the new gaming world. Simply start up the game and continue as follows:
- Press 'Play'
- Select 'Online game'
- Select 'Find Servers'
- Show all servers by pressing 'Show all servers and settings'
- Type the previously assigned server name into the search area
- Enter the password (if assigned) and click 'Join Game' to connect to your server!