- Start Rust
- Click 'Play Game' on the left hand side
- Default categories:
- Official – Servers managed by Facepunch Studios - generally hard for new players!
- Community – Self managed Rust servers.
- Modded – Similar to Community, except for this time, they are running plugins to improve gameplay.
- Friends – Any server where your friend is connected will show up here.
- Favourited – Servers you’ve favorited in Steam Servers.
- History – Rust servers on which you’ve played previously.
- 'Search Servers..' textbox at the bottom allows you type in the servers name directly.
- Once you have found the server you wish to join, simply select the server and hit 'Join Server'.
You will need to have your servers IP and the query port, e.g. our public London server is 126.96.36.199:28116
- Start Rust
- Press F1 on your keyboard to open the console (Found above the number keys)
- Type client.connect 188.8.131.52:28116 (Pasting in your IP and Port of the server you want to join)
- Press Enter
- Press F1 again to close the console.
Direct connection via the console shows 'Amsterdam II' - this is a known bug within Rust
- Launch the Steam Client.
- Click the View tab from the top menu.
- Click Servers. This opens Steam Server Viewer.
- Select the Favorites tab.
- Click the Add Server button.
- Type the address of the server (either IP or web address are fine).
- Click Add this server to favorites.
- Launch Rust.
- Click Play Game in the main menu.
- Select the Favourited tab.
- Click on the desired server in the server list and then click Join Server.
Still can't connect?
Contact us as soon as possible and we will get you onto your server.
Find a mistake or want to contribute? Contact us
A Rust guide, let us know what other guides you want to see and we will get them